WAKECommunities are made up of alumni, parents and friends interested in connecting with each other and the University. By reflecting the best of the Wake Forest experience – the friendliness of social interaction, the stimulation of intellectual discussion, the excitement of athletic competition, the satisfaction of service to others – WAKECommunities programs remind all who attend of the special qualities that enriched their Wake Forest experience.
Upcoming Virtual Events
The @LifeAfterWake Wednesday Webinar Series is back! View the full list of current event offerings here and below, and note that the video archive is available on the Life After Wake website. Learn or refresh your tools to cope, grow and learn during the now normal with these resources.
- Navigating a Career Pivot (June 10, 12:00PM – 12:45PM EDT)
- Grow Where You’re Planted: Upskilling from Where You Sit (June 17, 12:00PM – 12:45PM EDT)
- Quarantine is Not a Competition: Self-Compassion and the Myth of “Winning” (June 24, 12:00PM – 12:45PM EDT)
Upcoming Wake Forest Affinity Group Events
- Decorated Deacs Net Call (June 9, 12:00PM EDT) – Join to meet fellow veteran alumni and friends, discuss plans for Decorated Deacs in the near future, including future “Net Call” speakers, events in the fall and spring, and goals to support the Wake Forest student population.
Wake Washington Brown Bag Lunch Series (Video archive on the Wake Washington Webpage)
- Pandemics and Predictions: What’s Next in World Politics and Global Brands (June 11, 12:00PM – 1:00PM EDT)
Wake Workout Series! Click here to view all upcoming fitness classes led by Alumni
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Kim Struglinski (’12) – Thursday, June 4, 12:00PM – 1:00PM EDT
- Yoga with Ashley Hamati (’16) – Monday, June 8, 10:00AM – 11:00AM EDT
- Barre Fusion with Molly Nevola (’08) – Thursday, June 11, 6:00PM – 6:45PM EDT
Health and Wellbeing
- My Head Hurts! How to Make Sense of Your Mental and Emotional Life During the COVID-19 Pandemic (June 5, 11:00AM – 12:00PM EDT)
Wake Forest Athletics, Program Update Calls #GoDeacs
- Men’s Golf with Coach Jerry Haas
Wednesday, June 3 – 12:00 p.m.
- Men’s Tennis with Coach Tony Bresky
Thursday, June 4 – 12:00 p.m.
- Men’s Basketball with Steve Forbes (Hosted by John Currie)
Wednesday, June 10 – 12:00 p.m.
- Field Hockey with Coach Jen Averill
Wednesday, June 17 – 12:00 p.m.
- Volleyball with Coach Randi Smart
Thursday, June 18 – 11:00 a.m.
- Women’s Soccer with Coach Tony da Luz
Tuesday, June 23 – 12:00 p.m.
- Baseball with Coach Tom Walter
- Women’s Tennis with Coach Jeff Wyshner
Wake MBA Affinity Group Virtual Happy Hours (Network and continue your professional development)
Pandemics and Predictions: What’s Next in World Politics and Global Brands
Business & Breweries
Charlotte - School of Business Strengths Sesssion